Are You a Caring Person?
In John 13:34-35, Jesus gives a commandment for us to love others as He has loved us.
Take this self-evaluation and decide for yourself by answering
TRUE or FALSE:
- I am never mean, cruel or insensitive.
- I treat people with kindness and generosity.
- I am charitable.
- I give of myself for the benefit of others.
- I am responsive to the concerns and needs of others.
I conclude that I am / am not a caring person because: _______________________.
Remember, caring is not just a way of feeling, it’s a way of behaving!
Now that you have some idea about whether or not you are a caring person, let’s go a little further. What are your thoughts to 5 questions below? Feel free to post your responses here or on our Facebook page.
- A lot of people say that teenagers are self absorbed and don’t care about anything but themselves. Why do you agree or disagree?
- In what ways is our world a caring world? In what ways is it uncaring? What could each of us do to make this a more caring world?
- Why do you agree or disagree with the following statement: It’s not cool to be a caring person.
- To what extent would you inconvenience yourself for another person?
- Why would you give or not give money to a stranger on the sidewalk who asked for spare change? Would it make a difference if the person were a) a mother with child, b) very old, c) from a different culture? Does giving money to a stranger have anything to do with caring?